Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) Plan
AlphaCare’s Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) plan serves chronically ill or disabled individuals who need health and long-term care services. The MLTC plan is designed for Medicaid eligible individuals who want to continue to live in their homes, but need assistance with daily living. With AlphaCare MLTC, you can have:
Your choice of doctors
Medical and surgical supplies
Covered home aide
Private duty nursing
Behavior health support
Nursing home coverage
When you join the MLTC plan, you are paired with a team of healthcare professionals dedicated to supporting you every step of the way. Learn more about our MLTC Care Management Team.
- Independence, dignity and quality of life – You have the ability to stay safely at home in your community while maintaining your health.
- Individualized care plan – Each plan is designed by your providers and Care Management Team to reflect your health needs and goals.
- Care Managers with experience – Each Care Manager is a healthcare professional with expertise in caring for individuals with chronic medical and psychological needs.
- Coordination of all care – Our Care Management Team collaborates with you and providers on all care including preventative, rehabilitative and community-based services.
- 24/7 Nurse Line – On-call staff are available to answer questions anytime.
- Member choice – You choose your own primary care physician, specialists and personal care worker.
- Peace of mind – Families and caregivers know they are included in the member’s plan of care.
To get AlphaCare MLTC, you must be:
- Enrolled in Medicaid
- At least 21 years of age
- In our service area, which includes the Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens and Westchester County
In addition, an assessment will be completed to determine if you:
- Have a chronic illness or disability that makes you eligible for services usually provided in a nursing home
- Are able to stay safely at home at the time you join the plan
- Are expected to need long-term care services for at least 120 days from the date you enroll
To start your enrollment process, please click here.
You can continue to use your current Primary Care Physician – no need to change doctors. The AlphaCare Care Management Team will coordinate services and supports with your primary care physician.
If you receive or need additional services than those listed below, our Care Manager will help coordinate them for you to ensure you have all the services that you need.
|Professional Nursing||Medical and Surgical Supplies|
|Care Coordination||Home Safety Modifications and Improvements|
|24hr/7days on-call services||Prosthetics and Orthotics|
|Home Health Care: nursing, home health aides, and medical social work||Dental Care|
|Rehabilitation Therapies (physical, occupational, speech) provided in settings other than the home||Eye Exams and Glasses|
|Personal Care||Foot Care|
|Personal Emergency Response Systems (PERS)||Hearing Exams and Hearing Aids (including hearing aid batteries)|
|Home Delivered Meals||Nursing Home Care (certain Medicaid restrictions may apply)|
|Nutritional Counseling and Supplements||Private Duty Nursing|
|Adult Day Health Care or Social Day Care||Consumer Directed Personal Care Services|