Your personal privacy is important to us. To better protect your privacy, this policy explains how we collect and use your personal information.
Collection and use of personal information
This website may provide you with the opportunity to voluntarily submit forms to request additional information about AlphaCare. In the course of these transactions, you may provide us with personal demographic information or possibly detailed medical information. AlphaCare will use the information you provide solely to help AlphaCare respond to your request. As part of researching or fulfilling your request, your information may be shared with other AlphaCare employees or third parties including without limitation AlphaCare’s customers and subcontractors.
AlphaCare may use and disclose your activity information unless restricted by this policy or by law. Some examples of the ways AlphaCare may use your activity information include:
- Customizing your experience on the website including managing and recording your preferences.
- Marketing, product development, and research purposes.
- Tracking resources and data accessed on the website.
- Developing reports regarding website usage, activity, and statistics.
- Assisting users experiencing website problems.
- Provide you with access to particular tools and services and enabling certain functions and tools on this website.
- Tracking paths of visitors to this website and within this website.
- Administer your account.
- Respond to your inquiries and send you administrative and other communications.
Except as noted above, AlphaCare will not release individualized information obtained through this website to another party unless required to do so by government authorities, legal processes, or otherwise required by law.
Any personally-identifiable information collected through this website is not stored on the website, but will go to back office systems in the same manner that information from paper forms, submissions and phone calls to customer service is currently handled. The information is used as defined herein. As a standard practice, as described below, we collect general statistical information on the content viewed, which is used to help us provide better service to you.
Collection and use of other information:
When you visit our website, we collect certain information that does not identify you personally, but provides us with aggregate "usage data". This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our site and to help us make our site more useful to our visitors. This information is retained and periodically deleted from the site. If you visit one of the AlphaCare websites where you are required to sign-in, additional information may be collected, including without limitation personally identifiable information and personal health information. Such information is collected to provide appropriate information or services to you and may be shared with third parties in providing such information or services to you.
Although we will make all reasonable efforts to preserve your privacy, we may disclose your information as follows:
- In special cases such as, to protect any individual’s personal safety, health or welfare in an emergency situation including without limitation if you threatens to harm yourself or others.
- Someone believes that abuse or neglect might be occurring. Such reports should be made:
(a) to the appropriate authorites.When you consent to disclosure in writing.
- When information is disclosed to medical or other emergency personnel in a medical emergency.
- If you pose a danger to yourself or others, or threaten to commit a serious crime. This disclosure could involve law enforcement and, in the case of harm to others, the potential victim.
- To comply with any subpoenas or court orders, to protect rights or defend any legal or administrative proceedings, or is in good faith necessary to comply with any laws or legal requirements.
- To your payor/health care organization or others responsible for the payment of the services to you.
- In the event of a sale or change in control, for example, a merger, a sale of assets, or bankruptcy.
- To affilites, our business partners, vendors, suppliers and agents and others providing or participating in the services or functionality for the services to you, such as financial institutions, suppliers, delivery services, parties providing hosting services, and web and technical support providers, as is necessary or required in connection with the operation, maintenance and support of this website, applicable software, and/or the services, in which case we will request that such third parties maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- To a provider/health care organization or health care professional who has referred you to this website ancillary to your treatment. In this case, the use of your Personal Information by any such third party shall be subject to the terms of the privacy statement issued by that third party, and we are not responsible for such use by such third party.
- To an organization that is providing your access to this website, if applicable, as part of a health, wellness, or insurance program.
AlphaCare’s website may employ "cookies" to provide visitors with information that is specific to them. A "cookie" is a packet of information sent by a website to a user’s computer, which is then sent back by the computer each time it accesses that website. These cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information, and they cannot be accessed or “read” by any website other than AlphaCare ’s website, and most web browsers provide a simple procedure that enables you to control whether or not you want to receive cookies or notifies you when a website is about to deposit a cookie file.
If you choose, you may block or delete our cookies from your hard drive; however, blocking or deleting cookies may cause some of AlphaCare’s website features and functionality to work incorrectly.
We may use analytics companies to gather information and aggregate data from our website visitors such as which pages are visited and how often they are visited, and to enable certain features on our websites. Information is captured using various technologies and may include cookies.
Log files are pieces of information that let us know how people are accessing AlphaCare websites. Each time you go to a page in our websites, our server shows this page on your computer. When the page displays, we create a log file that tells us that someone visited the page. We do not collect any personally identifiable information about you in the log files. AlphaCare uses log files to create aggregate reports of site activity. This means we take the information about our visitors and add it together to report on all pages of the site visited. We do share the reports of aggregate usage of our sites with our customers. In order to service you, if you sign-in to a AlphaCare secure website, AlphaCare may collect, track and securely transmit certain website data and activity to AlphaCare’s back office systems, in order to allow you to securely access your personally identifiable information.
Please note that individualized information transmitted via email correspondence between you and AlphaCare — as opposed to transmission over AlphaCare’s website — is not encrypted. As a result, like most, if not all, non-encrypted internet email communications, such email correspondence may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users without your knowledge and permission while in transit. For that reason, to protect your privacy, if you have concerns about treatment, or questions that would involve the communication of confidential/personal health information, please call your physician or other healthcare professional, AlphaCare representative provided in your plan “Welcome Package” (or supervisor where applicable). All users of secure sign-in websites are required to use a user ID and password to further protect privacy. It is very important not to share with or give your user ID or password to anyone, and also give thought to any person(s) who may have access to your account.
You agree that any comments, suggestions or other information sent to AlphaCare by way of this site is provided without restriction or obligation on AlphaCare and AlphaCare will be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis. You also agree
- That information submitted is at your own risk.
- AlphaCare has no liability with respect to any unauthorized access by third parties
- You are responsible for whatever material you submit, and
- You, not AlphaCare, have full responsibility for any submitted message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Electronic or hard copies of the information captured through this website system may be archived or retained in AlphaCare files or systems. Information from emails may be transcribed into other AlphaCare systems such as a calls database.
Where sign-in is required to access a website, email addresses are collected as part of the registration process for the website. Email addresses are used to notify users of online activity related to the security and privacy of their accounts, such as requests to change a password or request to change an address. These email communications are necessary to protect the privacy and security of your account. AlphaCare does not sell, rent, lease or give away user email addresses. AlphaCare does not share your email information with third parties other than for providing service to you.
A range of security features protects the privacy of any individualized information you provide over a secure sign-in to the AlphaCare website. During transmission over a secure sign-in website, your privacy is protected by 128-bit encryption security. Other security safeguards are also in place.
AlphaCare uses physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect any personally identifiable data stored on its computers. Only authorized employees and third parties have access to the information you provide to AlphaCare for providing service to you.
AlphaCare’s website has links to various other websites that we think might be useful or of interest to you. AlphaCare, however, cannot be responsible for and does not endorse the privacy practices or the content of its linked websites. AlphaCare urges you to review the privacy policies of any websites you visit once you leave AlphaCare’s website. Links to various non-AlphaCare websites do not constitute or imply endorsement by AlphaCare of these websites, any products or services described on these sites, or of any other material contained in them.
HIPAA is the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”).
HIPAA outlines strict guidelines to ensure the privacy and confidentiality of your PHI (personal health information, such as your name or medical information). These guidelines require that your PHI be used for purposes of treatment, payment and health plan operations, and not for purposes unrelated to health care.
The content of this website is directed at adults. If you are under the age of 18, please consult with a parent or guardian and do not use this website without their monitoring and assistance.
How We Protect Children Accessing Our Website
AlphaCare does not knowingly allow children under the age of 13 to register on this website. If you are under the age of 13, you must talk to your parents or guardians and obtain their consent before registering or filling out any information on this website and sending it to us.
Parents and Guardians
Parents and guardians, you are responsible for providing supervision of your minor’s use of this website or any AlphaCare website. Parents and guardians assume full responsibility for ensuring that all information supplied by or on behalf of your minor is kept secure and is accurate and for all use of this website or any AlphaCare website by or for your minor.
Policy is subject to change
Effective May 20, 2015